Chlosite Gel for Treatment of Periodontitis and Peri-implantitis
For The Treatment of Periodontitis and Peri-Implant Mucositis
Closes the site, stops the infection, restores pocket health
One in three of your patients over 40 will have perio-disease, and with the increase in popularity of dental implants there is also the potential for more peri-implant disease.
- Inhibits the growth of oral pathogens responsible for periodontitis and peri-implant mucositis
- Allows natural healing and regenerative processes to take place
- Is easy to apply and well tolerated by patients
- Is used as an adjunct to root planing
Chlo-Site consists of an innovative xanthan gel containing two varieties of chlorhexidine. It is syringed directly into the periodontal or peri-implant pocket. It guarantees an occluding barrier at the application site for at least 15 days. The accessory action of chlorhexidine is capable of not only keeping the application site free from contamination but also increasing the mucoadhesiveness of the xanthan gel within the treated pocket.
Chlo-Site gel is an inexpensive treatment that’s simple to use and well tolerated by patients.
The problems of antibiotic resistance are avoided and there are reports of reductions in pocket depth after only one or two treatments.
Use as an adjunct to scaling and root planing (SRP) in the treatment of moderate to severe periodontitis (pockets>5mm). It can also be used in the management of peri-implantitis.
After scaling and root planing, and drying the pocket with a sterile paper point, simply syringe the gel into the pocket. Repeat at 3 months, as necessary.
The treatment of chronic periodontitis and peri-implantitis is a serious problem that dentists are faced with today.
Amongst the products available, most of which are based on topical antibiotics, every year we find a continuous decline in their efficiency due to the evolution of antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria. In addition to the problem of resistance to antibiotics, which steadily increases every year, are the cases of intolerance and allergies, which are more pronounced with those related to penicillin and cephalosporin (beta-lactamic antibiotics).
To resolve the problems of efficacy, antibiotic resistance by bacteria and the risk of allergies, Chlosite was born, a coadjuvant for the treatment of periodontal pockets and peri-implantitis
- Is composed of a new and innovative type of xanthan gel, researched and developed by Ghimas and combined with chlorhexidine.
- Is the only gel capable of discouraging, for at least two weeks, the recolonisation of bacteria at the application site.
- Is easily applied into the deepest portion of the periodontal pocket by means of a thin needle with rounded tip that will not traumatise the tissues.
- Thanks to the mucoadhesive properties of xanthan, it stabilises in the application site and adheres to the mucosal tissues of the defect.
- Acts as a sterile occluding medication at the site of application that impedes the recolonisation of bacteria responsible for periodontal diseases and peri-implantitis.
- Degrades spontaneously in the application site in 15-30 days and is well tolerated.
Chlosite can be stored at room temperature, it is ready for use, and it is injected directly from the syringe into the pocket thanks to the thin rounded tip needle. After mechanical removal of the plaque, Chlosite is applied directly into the site, starting from the deepest portion of the pocket, and progressing up until the gingival margin. Chlosite guarantees an occluding barrier at the application site for at least 15 days. Unlike topical antibiotics, Chlosite does not induce bacterial resistance.