SilverPlug - Reduce the Risk of Peri-Implantitis
What is SilverPlug?
SilverPlug® is the only recognised medical device for preventing bacterial build up in the abutment screw access chamber – eliminating the large potential reservoir that can harbour the most pathogenic bacteria for surrounding soft tissues.
80% of "healthy" implants exhibit some signs of mucositis. Silverplug offers a simple, effective, long term, low cost solution for helping to control bacteria levels around implants, reducing the associated risks.
SilverPlug® is a silver based polymer which has a high antibacterial effect that maintains its efficacy for the life of the patient. Easily placed and retrieved if needed, it can also be replaced and re-used following the replacement of the prosthesis.
- Helps reduce the risk of peri-implantitis
- Easy to place and retrieve
- Easy to compress for perfect filling of the screw access chamber
- Antibacterial effect without releasing chemicals
- Remains active for the life of the patient
- The only recognised medical device for this application