Elemental Antibacterial Wound Dressing
Elemental Oral Surgery Granulates provide practical bacteriostatic protection for your oral surgical sites.
Leveraging the antibacterial & wound-healing properties of zinc ions, Elemental is an easy solution to minimise complications and optimise healing conditions.
Why Choose Elemental
- Leverage the antibacterial, wound-healing and anti-inflammatory properties of zinc ions
- Biocompatible & non-toxic
- Inhibits bacterial & biofilm growth
- Intuitive & easy-to-use: heat it and apply it. Sets into a rigid & stable material
- Minimise complications & post-operative pain
- Create optimal & predictable healing conditions
- Encourage healing of the underlying soft tissue
- Keep bone grafting material in place
- Optimise blood clot stability
- Prevents membrane exposure & tendency to spring open
- Can function as an alternative to protective membranes
Elemental Oral Surgical Granulates
Elemental minimises complications and optimises healing conditions in mucogingival & implant surgery.
Protect bone graft material & optimise healing conditions
- Apply the Elemental polymer adapted to the anatomy of the site. The polymer sets into a rigid, stable material. If the fit is not right, reheat and remould the material.
- Optionally, stabilise the Elemental seal with a crisscross suture. This is not necessary in single tooth sites where you can achieve mechanical retention on the adjacent teeth.
- The Elemental seal will keep your bone graft material in place and encourage formation of granulation tissue. Using a membrane is not required. Remove the seal after 3-8 days, depending on the dimensions of the site.
Optimise blood clot stability and healing conditions; minimise post-op pain
- Heat up and mix the granulate. Apply the material onto the palatum and secure retention interproximally. Take the stent out when it has become rigid.
- Deliver the stent immediately after harvesting the donor tissue for optimal blood clot stabilization.
Suturing the donor site is case-dependent but not required. Remove the stent after approx. 7 days.
Polymers tested according to international norms like ISO 22196, JIS Z2801 and ISO20743. The antibacterial performance measured range from 99.9% up to 99.99999%.
Antibacterial (bacteriostatic) technology based on electrostatic repulsive1 properties of the trace element zinc2, identified as an element of utmost biological importance and vital to the human immune system.
Use With or Without Membranes
Elemental Antibacterial Wound Dressing can be used with or without protective membranes.
Some clinicians prefer to use the product as a replacement for membranes, while others use Elemental as an extra protective layer that can be placed over the membrane to help prevent opening and/or exposure.
100% Safe and Non-Toxic
The technology does not contain toxic substances. There are no biocides, no chlorehexidine, no silver, no triclosan, no antibiotics, no nano-materials or any other harmful chemicals.
Safety compliance is confirmed for the use in medical devices and implants by third-party regulatory experts. The technology also fully complies with EU and USA food contact regulations.
There is no substance migrating or leaching to act against bacteria. The functionality is purely due to the improved mechanical/physical property of the material surface.
 Physico-chemistry of initial microbial adhesive interactions – its mechanisms and methods for study. Rolf Bos, Henny C. van der Mei, Henk J. Busscher
 A systematic review on antibacterial activity of zinc against Streptococcus mutans. Manal Mohamed Almoudi, Alaa Sabah Hussein, Mohamed Ibrahim Abu Hassan, and Nurhayati Mohamad Zain